Advanced fracturing technologies and systems
Our leading-edge technologies help our customers produce hydrocarbons safely and more efficiently while minimizing impact on the environment.
Calfrac’s team of engineers, chemists, geoscientists, and technical specialists develop and test technologies and fluid systems that improve efficiency, reduce water consumption, improve water recycling, minimize risk to the environment and ultimately help wells produce more efficiently and safely.
Asset Enhancement Services
Advanced technical experience
Calfrac's Asset Enhancement services team provides advanced technical expertise and in-depth analyses for your reservoir. Our multidisciplinary approach incorporates best practices from reservoir characterization, hydraulic fracturing design and fracture placement operations to improve efficiencies and provide the necessary information and advice to make informed business decisions.
Direct technical support is always available to provide expert guidance in the following areas:
- Regional Intelligence fracturing searches
- Analysis of DFIT and Step Rate Tests
- Additive optimization
- Laboratory testing
- Geoscience support
- Reservoir characterization
- Petrophysical and geomechanical log processing
- Hydraulic fracture modeling
- Treatment design selection
- Lateral placement optimization
- Advanced 3D simulations
- Pad design - multiple horizontal wells
- Parent-child interactions
- Stress shadowing
- Cluster design
- Post-frac analytics
- Real-time fracture monitoring
Reservoir characterization and treatment design
Every reservoir and every well is unique. Expert evaluation of reservoir characteristics allows the stimulation program to be tailored to your reservoir.This customization results in the most effective treatment for your pressure pumping program.
Post-frac performance analysis
Our partnership does not end after hydraulic fracturing. We provide the follow-up analysis required to assess a treatment's effectiveness and help to refine and optimize future stimulations.
Want to learn more?
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a discussion specific to your resource play.
Our labs are positioned in strategic Calfrac district locations with regional labs servicing the United States and Canada to ensure that direct support is always available to our customers and operations.
Calfrac lab capabilities
- Product development and advancement
- Quality control all products prior to field use
- Friction flow-loop testing
- Proppant analysis
- Core flood testing
- Low shear rheometer
- ICP and extended water analysis
- RVP, rheology and gel stability testing
- Compatibility and solubility testing
- Emulsion testing and analysis
- Packed column testing for surfactant evaluation
- Microbial studies
- Scaling tendency modelling and tube block studies
- Corrosion inhibition
- Photo-microscope capability
- Foam and emulsion rheology
- Cement testing
Mobile and on-site lab capabilities
- Well site quality control and intervention
- Proppant analysis
- Rheology and gel stability testing
- Viscosity testing and reporting